Sunday, October 12, 2008

last entry??

I have been wondering what will happen to my blog page once the magic of being overseas on holidays ends. I guess it'll just be a memory repertoire, who knows if I'll forget about it eventually. I have enjoyed writing on here though. Much faster than a normal diary :)

I believe I last wrote about Thursday, when we visited Venice. Well on Friday we stayed in Conegliano and let me tell you, it was a stressful day! Friday is market day. My grandma always goes to get fresh fish and look around, it's very busy. So today we also took our Australian neighbours, Mirella & Lena Bos, and their delightful relative Nadia. These two women, as much as they're fun to be with and incredibly up-beat, made my neck muscles tense! We had a couple of hours of speed walking around the market stalls, talking loudly and having to reply to their questions at maximum speed, if we wished to prevent them starting to speak again, moving on to the next topic! Um it was funny... :p they did a lot of their food shopping there and definately grabbed people's attention with their loud talking. Unique was the moment when Mirella yelled at the dairy provider if she could have, please, some skinning yoghurt!

Anyway, after lunch (fish, as all Fridays should be according to Gina) I raced off on the bike to an appointment. The weather was hot, like summer hot, and it doesn't look like it will stop till next week! It's been really nice. Went with my auntie and cousin to get some flowers and do some shopping. We stopped in a warehouse like the Australian SPOTLIGHT, provider of all things to do with sewing, I decided that if in my future I have a period of time with A LOT of free time, I will get creative and try create some funky clothes, seeing all the accessories and material patterns was inspiring!

On Saturday, we left by train for Padova, accompanied by Mirella, Lena, Nadia, Ugo & Karin. The last two joined our train in Treviso, and my grandma was noticed by the other passengers as she screamed 'Cari Kariniiii!' trying to get their attention. Ah what a unique woman!

Before lunch we took our time visiting the Church of Saint Antonio, probably one of the most impressive I've seen (if not the), and I've seen a lot of churches in these three months! The skeleton of S.Antonio is still preserved in the church, and not too long ago somebody had actually stolen the skull in order to take it to Brazil... lukily they were stopped at the airport. That was a strange story.

After lunch (dai frati) we walked to find a cafe for a coffee or cocktail (ok that was only me..). We were in front of Italy's biggest piazza, and YES it was rather large. Today there were markets around it, we spent some time looking through. Coming to an illegal sale of fake signiture bags by a couple of African sellers, I was hit by this lovely purple Prada bag... I got a closer look and was almost considering buying it, when all of the sudden the black men (no racial offence intended!!) in five seconds got all the bags together, threw them in a sack and walked away.. aaah, police, I thought. There they were, in fact. I was half unhappy about that pretty purple bag and half relieved to have saved the cash.. plus, where would I have put it? It wasn't meant to be, obviously.

Shame though, that a minute later I walked back to the same spot, and the men were there again, as if nothing had happened. This was torture. I ended up buying the bag. Not bad though, they asked for E40 and accepted E15 :) Bali barganing experience helped! So now I have this lovely medium-sized purple Prada (*winkwink*) bag, which has become my hand bag for the plane. It's quite spacey, so it'll be good for carrying extra weight. Plus, I don't have another purple bag. eheh.

Shortly after arriving to Conegliano, I had arranged to meet Alessandra at hers for a pizza. I there met Martina, another girl I went to school with, whom I hadn't caught up with yet. We walked to the piazza, not too busy for a Saturday night, spent some time there, and then got picked up from Ale's parents who kindly took us to a discoteque about half an hour away. They stopped to sleep at some relatives' until we rang them to go back home. How nice! Anyway, the club was quite big and both its levels were full. The club held an annoyingly sexist blondes vs. brunettes competition, but at least we saw the brunettes win by far! Didn't encounter any bad scenarios during the evening (or morning), I was actually happy to see that barely anyone walked in drunk off their heads. I met a few of Ale's friends and the same two lines were reoccurring: (me:) I'm Elena. (ale:) She's from Australia!

I'm close to saying bye to all important family and friends, many phonecalls have been made but a few visits too. Good news about my luggage weight though, I think I'll manage everything well :) I mean, I don't know how much it weighs, but my packing abilities surprised me! I've decided not to leave behind a second pair of shoes, but I'm sneaking in an extra hand luggage under a jumper, which is only a small travel bag, so it should be fine.

Ok I'm off :)
Hmmm yep.
I think this will be my last entry?
I'm leaving tomorrow.
Or coming home..
.. depending on where you're reading this from.
Maybe I'll take up this blog again during my next travels?
I love life :)
x

1 comment:

The HoJo's said...

Of all the lovely things I could say about how sad it is that you aren't blogging anymore, I'm not, I'm asking you, pleading with you to change 'Autom', above you topmost photo :o) pretty please :o) and yes I know I am pedantic, and also quite annoying, but there you are, that's me
xc