Wednesday, October 8, 2008

random bits (2)

Wow it's Wednesday night already! Hmm.. the past few days have been a bit of a blur, so I'll be mentioning things in no specific order.

Ok on.. Monday night I had dinner with Giulia and her family, at their house. It was nice, I had a little present for her and we got to catch up one last time before I leave. She too was drowned in study and homework.

I had the irritating pleasure of being introduced to a million friends of my grandma's when walking the streets, feeling like a foreigner as I was 'the granddaughter from Australia'.

I got my hair trimmed and streaked today. It was a bit pricier than I expected but I like the final result :)

I finally found my cousin a present!! Just something small but I hope he likes it, but shhh zio, ancora non lo sa!

Mirella and Lena Bos have arrived (to non-family, these are an impressive mother and daughter team who reside in the Gold Coast but are actually relatives of my grandparents, so I went to meet them last year with my parents and brother). Their sweet loud tunes are definately heard through the quiet and conservative Via dei Carpini! Mirella has given my grandma yet another perfume, and a majestic and beautiful book of Australian photography and descriptive text which must weight 5 kgs. Granddad refused to look through it because 'he already knows' Australia...

Saw Stefania and Margherita (my godmother and her daughter), who popped around for a drink. Will see them again probably late Sunday!

Going to Venice tomorrow with Ugo, Karin and Gina :)

Still a bit grumpy about my overweight luggage. I came home and found all the stuff i didn't take to France. I actually have 11 pairs of shoes here!! Ok I'm getting rid of one cos they're only cheap thongs, I have bought 4 pairs during my stay but still thats 6 pairs I brought with me?? And 2 of those are boots! I may feel in a charitable mood and donate some clothes to the church... gosh.

A disco (club) opened in Conegliano last weekend. I've been invited to go this Saturday night. After watching so much negative media reports on these places here, regarding drugs and abuses, I'm a bit hesitant. But I know to behave so I might go and be careful.

Just going to a shopping centre with my auntie and Tommaso just now. Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow thats a lot of shoes! we´ve met sooo many beggers in our travels. But strangely enough when we offer them food they wont take it and only want money, for drugs and ciggies. Random, anyway...

The HoJo's said...

Just post it all surface mail, Fliss sent loads of bits home that way from the UK, it's like Christmas when it all turns up :o)

Trouble in clubs tends to find those that go looking for it ;o)

xc