Wednesday, October 15, 2008

ok one more actually..

It is true that at the time of my last blog entry my travels hadn't finished! My uncle pointed out I should write one last piece on my arrival, and although there isn't a huge deal to describe, here it is.

At the airport Marco Polo, a man from Perth started talking to me, small world again. His story was similar to mine in a way, he immigrated in Australia a few decades ago. The plane which I boarded at 3.25 actually left at 4.30, 45 minutes late; the flight wasn't too bad, I watched a couple of movies and read a French magazine. May I mention that I was very happy with the Emirates meals :) excellent desserts! Shame about a group of Arabs, who disbehaved most of the flight and refused to stay sitting during landing! At Dubai, where we landed at midnight, the temperature was 31 degrees! Crazy. I had a couple of hours to walk around the duty free shopping area, but I soon made my way to the waiting area, boarding the second plane for Perth. Having done an online check in before leaving Conegliano, I was spared the hassle of joining long queues. The journey over nations and oceans was loooong... the plane was full and fairly uncomfortable so I only slept 2 hours. Sat next to an English lady who was going to visit some relatives in Perth she hadn't seen for 40 years, and was flying alone for the first time.

I arrived in Perth at 5.20ish, and after the complicated immigration customs, I walked out and got to give Rob the biggest hug, he was speechless and teary as I smiled and found comfort in his arms after so long :)

On Wednesday I saw my brother at his college on Wednesday morning and visited my good friend who lives thereabouts, before heading back to small Busselton. I was happy to see a few changes in my parents' Gelateria, all positive. I got home and although my puppy Skipper was not feeling well (what a scare... ok I call her puppy but she is almost 12 yrs old, and most precious to me), I found my room painted a light blue colour and all the furniture moved around! I also realised just how many clothes I own and don't really need... I will soon throw out some, as soon as summer starts definately. Feeling a bit ill this evening actually, even though I've passed a few days of gorgeous weather!

I suppose this would now be the end of this blog. It feels more appropriate now that I've drawn up a conclusion.
Grazie zii, Tommaso e nonni per tante belle memorie, e' stato un piacere essere tornata e spero davvero di rivederci presto!

Take care you all :)
Elena.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grazie a te per i bei momenti passati insieme.
Bentornata a casa e saluti tutti da parte nostra.
Un grande abbraccio a tutti.
Renato-Mariagrazia-Tommaso

The HoJo's said...

And they all lived happily ever after
xc