Friday, October 10, 2008

only 3 days left...

Today went rather quickly :o
I left the house with my grandma at 8.05am, due to her hatred of lateness.. we parked our bikes at her niece's and walked to the train station, with a good half hour to wait till the train left. We walked around, 5 minutes to go, we hear an announce regarding the train's 25min DELAY!
Anyway we got to Venice in the end, and met Ugo & Karin there. With our personal Venetian guide (Ugo), we took a ferry or two for Torcello, one of the oldest and quietest islands. The main (scrap that... the only) attraction here is an impressive church from 700AC. That's about a millenium older than Australian settlement... hm! We visited it after lunching at a decent restaurant (oh, the other attraction of the ilsand, if you don't count vast farm lands).
It was already about 3.30 as we got another ferry to get back to the 'main' Venice, walked around a bit more, visited another old church, sat for a coffee, looked at a few shops and admired the unique glass creations and masks of the place.
The weather was kind with us the whole day, I learnt a few historical things and Venetian expressions, it was a fun and pleasant day overall.
We came back on the train on the second storey, it was my first time but too hot for my liking.. I'm tired now, I'm sure through the day I could have told you a lot more interesting things that happened. We do have a couple of things planned for tomorrow so I'm getting to bed early.
Good night Australia :) (e zio!)

1 comment:

The HoJo's said...

tick tock
I bet the time is whizzing by now
xc