Monday, July 28, 2008

today i went cycling!

Just around town, with my grandma's bike. I was hoping to check out a few nice shops BUT I soon found out that most of them close on Monday mornings! What's with that?? They're already closed all Sunday, jeez..

The other day my parents and I caught up with about 25 of our old family friends who were so nice to organise a lunch for us all in a good restaurant on a nearby mountain. It was really hot, particularly after walking up hill after lunch! We kept mingling untill 7pm, when I had to get back home to go watch a movie with some friends. Batman it was, although I'd already seen it- it was as good the second time around though, exept possibly the dubbed voice of the Joker, which didn't meet the standards of Heath Ledger's. After the movie we walked to an Osteria (pub thing) and I was shocked to see a glass of Prosecco, a fine local wine, was half as much as an iced tea! It was nice to see some guys order the one drink and be satisfied with it, instead of getting a dozen or so, untill they aren't able to talk anymore.

We have also been to eat a really good pizza at an incredibly busy restaurant/pizzeria. People were coming in at 10pm to have dinner! eheh
Here are some more things I've learnt:

Distant, boring old relatives are just that.
I like shoes! Especially on sale.
I also like giancanelloni (pizzas folded up like a warm wrap, yum)
Italians have a serious obsession with tanning. It's scary. Like if you're white in summer you're an outcast. No one cares about cancer.
I have an English accent! :s
I'm scared of the sacrament of matrimony..
Just because you're going uphill- it doesn't mean it's going to get any cooler.
Italian roads are bloody scary!!!!

Have I mentioned my granma has a rooster living next door to us? I'm going to kill it. Really. I threatened her that if she doesn't poison it before next time I come back, I'm going to stay in a hotel. It wakes us up at freaking 5am.

All is well :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the rooster really needs is to go to bed in a hen house that isn't tall enough for him to stretch, I think they can't crow unless they can stand tall. Slightly kinder than having hin for Sunday dinner? no? :o)

I can't believe you went to Europe with a case full of clothes! I bet you come home with two cases of clothes! and perhaps pink boots?

We used to eat the folded pizza in UK, think they called it Calzone? should check before I blog really haha

when you are a hundred yeras old like me the sacrament of matrimony isn't scary, it is supposed to be scary when you aren't ready yet, thats the point ;o)

loving the blog, good to see you at ours

xc