Thursday, August 7, 2008

8 months today :)

Life is getting a little exhausting.. we are seeing people every day, all with the same curious reaction, all very welcoming and happy to see us.. but from my point of view little of it would be long lasting were we not here for such a short time. I guess I'm just grumpy.. it's the weather/aching tooth/lack of Rob's presence/lack of privacy.. :p

Yesterday afternoon was pretty nice. I caught up with a couple of girls at a bar for a couple of hours before going to visit the house I used to live in. The new owners (a doctor with his wife & 3 kids) have taken good care of the garden, added a pool and furnished the house quite plainly and modernly (that is a word?). Shame to see no pets though, with such a large space. We used to have a wooden fenced area for our old G. sheperd Rex, but unfortunately they haven't gotten around to experience the wonders of a pet yet.

Later in the evening a girl I used to go to school with invited a few of my old school pals over as well as their parents, and we all got together after dinner for sweets and watermelon. It was strange to see Alex again. Back in year 5 he was the 'cute' boy in our class (out of 11 boys, mind you), always chatty and smiling. Now he is very tall, skinny, quiet and introverted, spends hours riding his bike and shaves his legs. His hair has grown (too much) and he parts it on the side. It was quite an interesting sight!

Today I've found out about my home stay in France! I will be staying in Chambèry with Madam Andrè, about a 15min walk to the school. She is recently retired and enjoys outdoor activities and painting. Eheh, sounds interesting.. I'll get in touch with her soon! Praying she speaks English or Italian... ;)

ps. it's our anniversary... <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Elena
come sta? io no ce male.
i have figured out your grumpiness- you are missing me!! its not rob :) lol
missing you and have fun mate
Sarah

The HoJo's said...

Aaah happy anniversary

xc

ps of course everyone is missing you, looking forward to your return! No sign of your postcard yet ;o)