Tuesday, August 5, 2008

getting wiser by the minute

What is the ultimate way to get really annoyed at your body? When it decides to have a wisdom tooth grow during your holiday, which causes pain when eating, and even in your ear!
I have to include what someone close to me said when I told them I had pain due to wisdom teeth, it is a classic: "My wisdom teeth haven't fallen out yet, that's why I'm so wise!" eheheh.. I do hope they forgive me for quoting them, it did make my day..

Sunday was quite nice as we caught up with a few friends again, and I got to go see a couple of my friends at a bar where there was an American band playing, Boss Tweed. Since it was their last tour stop and my friend made them dinner, they didn't hesitate in hanging around after the show. The 2 guys and girl were around the age of 30 and from New York, we had a nice chat and it was really refreshing to speak some English again!

On Monday we took a train to Treviso, only about 20 mins from here, population of 100,000. Some friends who live there took us around and it was nice to see such old architecture everywhere. There was a cathedral originating from the X Century, with beautiful paintings and statues, and an underground section of it built in the III Century! Fairly well preserved for its age.

Today we are having lunch with the guy (and his wife) who taught dad how to make Gelato; in the afternoon some people are coming over to visit (seriously I can't keep up), then we'll go to visit our old house we lived in, and I decided to let my parents go out for dinner tonight. My cousin needs me for a game of Monopoly ;)

Untill next time :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, you have any photos you can post yet? I want to see what treviso looks like! :)

Anonymous said...

Did you win at Monopoly?

xc

Elena said...

replying to ilsa: because my super uber clever smart father did NOT bring the cord to transfer photos from my camera to the pc, i had to wait till last nite when the memory disc was full and now ill be able to empty it with my uncles cord. so photos shouldnt take too long but i dont exactly have spare hours.. soon hopefully!

mrs hojo.. i managed to get some flu at 35 degrees so i left my grandma to play monopoly.. and lose, because my cousin failed to teach her how to actually play ;)