Sunday, August 3, 2008

it is too hot.

I mean really. Staying at the beach in Lignano was nice because it was ventilated, breezy, and it lacked the annoying presence of mosquittoes unfortunately characteristic of our stay at grandma's. Strangely enough (when you think of my dad's profession), I have been eating gelato nearly everyday in the past week. Friday night we basically had dinner with a nice sundae cup. It's much cheaper here than in Australia! I was also surprised at how cheap wine is in supermarkets, where you can find a nice bottle for under 1.5 Euros- just over 2 Aust dollars. We spent a couple of very lazy days at the beach reading magazines, chatting, eating coconut (amongst other things) and swimming in the lukewarm water.

We are back now, and that's ok too. I just got to call Rob after a few days of mere texting, which was nice. By the way, I was really lucky to find a phone plan from which I can text to Australia for only 9Euro cents, which is just about 15Aust cents. If anyone needs it, my mobile number here is: 0011393292235103. That should be exactly what you need to type to text me.

Anyway! Busy week ahead, we've been booked by friends and family at least twice a day, plus there'll be a couple of day visits to nearby cities, namely Treviso and Venice.
From the LOGF (... land of good food ;) .... arrisentirci!
ciao :)

1 comment:

The HoJo's said...

ummm I take it you aren't widely advertising your blog then? as you have your phone number on it, I'm sure fliss could text you something innapropriate :o)

glad the trip is going well so far, and yes European wine purchasing is much cheaper than Aus. But then so is all the other alcohol too

xc