Monday, September 22, 2008

Chammonix

After school on Friday I headed off to the Cafe du Theatre for a crepe for lunch, stopping a bit longer to do some verb studies. For some reason this guy funnily dressed was walking a dog around the centre of town, followed by a group of about 15 ducks, all walking tightly together, wobbly bums, following the dog. It was a funny sight.

For the first time really I did some shopping therapy, not buying much but it raised my mood :) I didn´t get home late but Mme Andre had already left as she was spending the night at her family´s in Grenoble. I rang some family in Italy and after dinner headed out to one of the student flats, as it was one guy´s last night in Chambery.

Met a strange black guy at the bus stop who was excited about telling us how wonderful his home country was, but couldnt answer my question of why he was living in France. Funniest thing is that I saw him again at the Cathedral two days later!



So on Saturday I left for a school excursion to Chammonix, a lovely ski town facing Mount Blanc, near the Italian and Swiss borders. Even though my second alarm oclock had failed (that was my auntie promising me to call at 7am!), I got up in time and at 11ish we were in the mountains. The scenery of the Alps was breath-taking, Mount Blanc looked gorgeous, soaring so high.

I spent most of the day with Browlin, the Australian girl, Teo the Spanish and a Hungarian guy. We took the telepherique up to Flegere and walked up the mountain for about an hour. Feeling good about our workout, we had lunch and a little siesta, discussions about love and marriage, before returning to the telepherique, where we indulged in some chocolate.

I figured loosing weight is impossible if you try. I mean, like we did, you begin a huge workout and at the end of it you think, wow, I really worked my butt off, now I can have some chocolate. And maybe some chips... I´ll work them off later. But if you dont try? Look at me, I have no idea how Ive managed it, but since leaving Australia I lost 2 kilos. (non dirlo alla nonna zio!) Eating cheese, chocolate bread and pastries. ???????

Back to the story telling, we returned to Chammonix and there we looked around a few shops and got a couple of souvenirs... tried in vain to get Teo to understand romanticism.. and ignoring the dozens of pizza and crepe shops! We got home 12 hrs from our depart, too tired to go out.

1 comment:

The HoJo's said...

It looks so beautiful there, make the most of it
xc