Thursday, September 18, 2008

i've finally found 'my' cafe!

Very content right now. The Cafe Du Theatre, very popular amongst young people, has been able to provide me with the perfect crepe. Last night at 11.30. Having a look at their menu, composed not only of affordable crepes but also inviting drinks and ice cream cups, I decided I'll definitely be visiting it again :) it's also situated in the middle of the 'old city', too, so it's a nice atmosphere.

Yesterday, quite a sunny day, I went for a bike ride with Mel and Teo (Spanish guy) to a lake about 40mins from here. Very pleasant! My poor host got home at 8.40pm last night, after having left the house at 7.30am! She is a very busy lady lol. I went to Melanie's for a drink and walk around town as she is leaving today for Spain, going to a wedding and will be back on Monday.

This weekend in Chambery there are a number of expositions and things to do at the Cathedral, castle, museums etc. Should be nice and cruisy. On Saturday I'm going on the famous exursion to Chammonix & Mount Blanc, provided my alarm oclock isn't looking to be smashed.. I think I'll also take advantage of next Saturday's excursion, to Lyon :)

I'm feeling ok about my studies, doing a bit of revision whenever I have free time. The Australian girl I've met studied French at UWA for 3 years, starting from beginners level, and she is quite fluent (in the highest class anyway). So I'm feeling optimistic (ahah I was just reminded of Ian telling me not to be such a pessimist!) about the fact that if I begin studying it at the intermediate level, I will have a sound knowledge at the end of the course :)
Aaaand, following that, I'm told by Teo that in 3 months in Spain I could get a very strong grip of his language. So that could be a plan post-uni! Very funny moments last night as he was trying to teach Mel the 'essentials' of the language, the night before she's leaving for Spain. So she can now count to 19 (20 was a bit tricky) and ask for rum and coke.

So although I'm having a great time here, comfortable with what I'm doing and happy to be opening my eyes, I'm missing a special someone, feeling slightly guilty for doing this to us :s
as much as I'll love coming home I'm dreading the hecticness of the (working) summer life!

No comments: