Monday, September 15, 2008

i will quit on chocolate when i get back.

So first of all, a note for the ladies:
have you come across the new Dior Mens Cologne ads?? It's called 'sport'. Characterised by Jude Law in the advertisements. If you haven't seen it, google it. Either the posters or tv ads. I ride past them at least 4 times a day, the man is gorgeous!!



hm hm..... now about the weekend.
On FRIDAY after dinner I spent some time with Mel & Jess, just cruising. Manged to superglue my ring to my finger, it was a really fast drying superglue!



On SATURDAY I got quite grumpy because my alarm did NOT go off, I woke up at 8 just as I was supposed to meet for the excursion to Ginevra! Very upset about not visiting the United Nations and basically not being able to say 'Ive been to Switzerland' for a few more years.

The day was very rainy anyway, I went around a shopping centre and found for the first time really rude customer service. Met Mel and we visited a museum of Beaux Arts, with a heavy Italian influence as this region has only been French for about 150 years.

In the evening we watched some more horrible American tv, had some warm lasagne for dinner, before heading out to last week's disco, carrying our ver loud rape alarm. I stayed again at her apartment and swore to myself to never live in such conditions.. shared by five students, the place is a mess. Mel cleaned the kitchen floor on Friday night and it was filthy on Saturday morning. Figure that out :s


We were very disappointed on SUNDAY morning to find the creperies we'd looked for CLOSED. Ridiculous, who wouldn't want to eat a crepe on a Sunday morning. Settled for chocolate bread instead. A couple of phone calls home, then I went to the cinema to see 'the First Day of the Rest of your Life', a really worthwhile French film! It made good listening practice as well and only cost Eu3.50.


In the evening, Madame Andre got a quick ad easy dinner readym consisting of the following: soup, ham, bread, three cheeses, grapes and chocolate. Honestly didn't mind!


This morning (MONDAY) we had a new teacher start in our class, it was for the first time honestly challenging and new ground. We learnt some grammar rules which obviously had exeptions, and some words that made complete different senses by changing one letter. I'm fed up with the masters of the French Tongue, if they intended for French to be the international language, why on earth did they make it so bloody hard to learn!
Ok I feel better now :p

Oh another thing, I emailed the director of this year's Busselton Pantomime and expressed interest. I've worked with him before so he may find a part for me, unless he's satisfied at the auditions today. He's soo much fun to work with and really knows what he's talking about, having had decades of acting experience. I've hesitated over a week on this however because this summer (like any, I suppose) is looking very very busy. The panto is a huge committment and I'll be working every day. But, since it might be my last in Busselton... I will enjoy it.

Going to the movies again tonight, the weather's a bit better. Salut!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! u missed the trip to Geneva and the UN! i'd be soo pissed off!

btw, whats the panto this year? is steven doing it again?

The HoJo's said...

Hiya
took the children in to see your parents on Sunday, while Ian worked in the cafe with the carpenter! Really lovely to see them both again, and the gelato!
xc